We are so conditioned to focusing on problems, what’s not working, and what our symptoms are.
We create expectations of ourselves, but forget what it is that we’re moving towards.
The proof of the pudding is in finding and celebrating and acknowledging the little achievements. If I can see and acknowledge what I’ve succeeded at, what I’ve done well, what steps- no matter how small they are, I’ve taken, then I can find the inner resources to move on and to move forward.
Many times we need to reframe and re-label our experiences. Rather than talk about our failures, to talk about what we would like to do. How we will get there.
Often the key to change is in the language that we use. If I look at what I DIDN’T do, the negative focus disconnects the spark-plug that enables ignition.
Friday, June 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment